2021 Residence Visa
Do you, your employee or friend hold a New Zealand work visa? Then very likely you or they may be one of the estimated 165,000 who are able to gain New Zealand residence under a new residence category.
A one-off unique opportunity, open for a matter of months, and more generous than anticipated which recognises the contribution work visa holders have made to New Zealand during the Covid-19 pandemic. A thrilling development that will bring joy to many and confidence to a number of employers and industry leaders.
While all the details are yet to be released, and yes the devil is always in the detail, particularly with immigration matters, what we do know is that it is very inclusive and many work visa holders will be eligible if:
- They are being paid $27 per hour or
- Their job is one listed on the scarce list or
- Have lived in New Zealand for three years
- They in the main will have arrived in New Zealand before the end of July 2022 on a long term critical purpose visa or
- They were in New Zealand on a qualifying work visa on 29 September 2021
The scarce list is a combination of the Long Term Skill Shortage List, health and educational roles which require occupational registration, personal carers and other critical health workers along with those listed as a specified primary sector role. Happily the latter is extensive.
- Essential Skills Work Visa
- Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa
- Talent Work Visa
- Post Study Work Visa.
- Religious Worker Work Visa
- South Island Contribution Work Visa
- Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Work Visa
- Silver Fern Practical Experience Work Visa
- Victims of Family Violence Work Visa
- Migrant Exploitation Protection Work Visa
- Trafficking Victim Work Visa
- Section 61 Work Visa (with conditions)
- Critical Purpose Visitor Visa (certain categories)
Partners and children can be included even if they are currently offshore although the logistics of when those offshore members can actually arrive is yet to be determined.
Let our 50 years plus of immigration experience assess your eligibility and lodge an application on your behalf. Applications close at the end of July 2022. You have no time to waste. Phone us now on 0800 469 8472 or email [email protected]
A once in a lifetime opportunity, with only one chance to get it right.
Disclaimer: Mary Noonan is Heartland Immigration Ltd Managing Director, her views expressed in this article are not intended to replace the professional service provided to individual migrants by a Licensed or Registered Immigration Adviser or Migration Agent.
*Subject to terms and conditions.